Potato or cheese pie from my mother
What could be better than eating at home?
400 g flour
300 g potatoes or 150 g salted cheese
2 green onion threads.
Preparation time: less than 90 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Pie with potatoes or cheese, from the mother:
Mix the flour together with the salt and warm water, as long as it is a soft crust. Knead very well and while kneading, add the oil little by little.
Boil the potatoes and grate the cheese, which can be mixed with dill and green onions.
The dough is poured on the table on which I put a little flour. Portion in pieces as an apple and let it rest for 15 minutes. Grease a sheet with oil, then spread as thin as possible by hand.
On a edge of thin sheets spread put a row of potatoes or grated cheese, then roll the sheet and tighten in a spiral.
Spread a little with the rolling pin, until it is the size of the pan in which we bake it. Bake on both sides until nicely browned. If necessary, add more oil.
These pies can also be made with yeast if desired. But I do them without ...
Preparation of Chicken Pie:
Ingredients for chicken pie dough:
500 grams of flour, 20 grams of yeast, 1 teaspoon of salt, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 300 ml. of warm water, 4 tablespoons oil.
Ingredients for chicken pie filling:
500 grams of chicken breast, 1 onion, 1 clove of garlic, 250 grams of mushrooms, 1-2 red peppers, 250 grams of mozzarella or cheese, 200 grams of sour cream for cooked (12%), thyme and fresh parsley to taste, salt and pepper, 2 tablespoons oil.
Mix the yeast with the sugar and dilute with 3 tablespoons of warm water. Then add over the flour mixed with salt, add the rest of the water and oil and knead a smooth and non-sticky dough that is left in a warm place to increase until it doubles in volume.
Cut the chicken breast into cubes, cut the vegetables into small pieces. Put the chicken breast in the pan in the two tablespoons of hot oil, when it takes on color, remove it and cook the remaining onion and pepper in the remaining fat. Add the mushrooms and after softening the chicken breast add it back to the pan. Add the sour cream and simmer for a few minutes until reduced. Season with salt, pepper and greens and leave to cool. Portion the dough to taste and fill with the chicken filling, adding mozzarella. Bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes (until golden brown).
In a bowl with flour and a teaspoon of salt pour a little hot water (the dough should be worked hot). Knead a soft and non-sticky dough.
We take the dough out of the bowl and put it on a table sprinkled with flour. We knead it a little more and let it rest for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the filling: mix the cheese, eggs and salt.
After 15 minutes, knead the dough and divide it into several balls.
From each ball we spread a cake, grease it with oil and we start to spread it first on the edges, then the whole thing, until the dough sheet becomes thin.
I prepared two variants of puff pastry:
1. Spread the dough sheet on the table, arrange the filling on the edges, then roll it.
2. Fold the dough sheet (grease each part with oil), until you get a rectangle (as in the picture).
Cut the dough in half, fill with cheese, potato or cabbage filling (if you are fasting).
so as to obtain a pie as in the picture below.
Arrange the pies in a tray greased with oil or lined with aluminum foil.
Bake the pies at a temperature of 200 degrees C for 40 minutes or until golden.
When the pies are ready, take them out of the oven and water them with a little water or, as my mother says, "soften" them a little in a plate of water, then arrange them on a plate, covering them with a towel. Great appetite!
Ingredients khachapuri & # 8211 recipe for Georgian cheese pie
- 600 grams of flour
- 380 -390 ml. of lukewarm water
- ½ packet of fresh yeast (12 grams) or ½ packet of dry yeast (3 grams)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 12 grams of salt
- a few drops of oil to grease the bowl
- flour for sprinkling the worktop
- 300 grams of grated mozzarella on a large grater
- 300 grams of grated feta on a large grater
- 4 eggs
- 60 grams of butter, half of which melted
Preparation khachapuri recipe for Georgian pie with cheese & # 8211 dough
1. Weigh the flour into a large bowl and mix well with the salt. Measure the water. Rub the yeast well with the sugar, until it liquefies, dilute with about 100 lukewarm water, taken from the total amount of water recommended. Make room in the middle of the flour and pour the yeast. Incorporate a little flour in the yeast liquid and set aside for 10-15 minutes, to swell well. If you use dry yeast, mix it with sugar, dilute it with the same amount of water and continue in the same way.
2. After the yeast has swelled well, begin to incorporate it into the rest of the flour, gradually adding the rest of the lukewarm water. Depending on the quality of the flour, 1-2 tablespoons of extra water or, conversely, 1-2 tablespoons of extra flour may be needed. Knead well until you get a smooth dough, which comes off the hands and the bowl. Shape the dough into a ball.
3. Grease a clean bowl with just a few drops of oil. Place the ball of dough formed in point 2 in it. Cover the bowl with a slightly damp, double-folded kitchen towel, or, better yet, with cling film.
4. Leave the dough to rise, at room temperature, until it doubles in volume. Obviously, if it will be warm in the kitchen and the bowl will be placed in a place away from drafts, the dough will grow faster. On the other hand, it will grow in the refrigerator, only in a much longer time (overnight, for example). After the dough has risen well, turn it over on the work surface sprinkled with flour and divide it into 4 equal balls, which are covered with a thick kitchen towel and leave to rise for about 25 minutes. Meanwhile, turn on the oven and set at 230 ° C.
Preparation khachapuri recipe for Georgian pie with cheese & # 8211 filling
5. While the oven is heating up, separate the eggs, collecting the yolk and a small part of the egg white in small separate bowls and all the resulting egg whites in a separate bowl. I don't use whole eggs with all the egg whites anymore, when I did that, the egg whites came out of the pies and didn't look too nice. That's why I continued to use khachapuri only for the yolk with that part of the egg white that is more coagulated around it.
6. In a large bowl, mix the mozzarella with the feta cheese and add the remaining egg whites.
7. Mix well, you will see that the filling will bind, becoming more compact. It is divided into four parts, one for each khachapuri pie we will make.
Modeling khachapuri pie Georgian recipe
8. Work in turn with a ball of dough. On the work surface sprinkled with flour, spread the ball of dough to a thickness of less than 1 cm.
9. The shape we need to get is an oval one, a fairly wide oval. Mine were about 35 cm in the longest part and about 25-25 cm in the widest part.
10. Roll the edges of the dough inwards, pressing lightly from place to place and giving it the characteristic shape of a boat. The heads are pressed well.
11. Prepare a tray covered with baking paper. Grab the "boat" by the ends and quickly transfer it to the baking paper, where we arrange it a little more.
12. Fill the khachapuri with the appropriate cheese with the pie.
I put two in the tray, so they fit me perfectly and I baked them one by one, in two batches.
Georgian recipe khachapuri pie & # 8211 baking
13. Place the tray in the preheated oven at 230 ° C at an average height. After 12-13 minutes, when the cheese begins to brown from place to place, open the oven door and carefully pull the tray out. Make room with a spoon right in the middle, in the thick filling of melted cheese, which will bubble nicely.
14. In the formed place, pour a yolk with a little egg white, as we showed in point 5. Put the tray back in the oven and bake until the egg white coagulates well and the edges are browned.
After removing them from the oven, grease the remaining edges of the dough with melted butter. Sprinkle the yolk with a drop of fine salt and put a piece of butter next to the egg, which is left to melt before serving. Khachapuri pie is served hot and I assure you that few pastries bring more satisfaction to lustful mouths. Imagine what it might be like to break the pieces of buttered dough on the edges and dip them in the soft yolk and melted cheese, which stretches into appetizing threads.
Pies from mom
I had a trip to Milan for San Pellegrino Young Chef, the semifinal for Italy and the countries of Southeast Europe (so it was), where I accompanied Diana Drăghici, my colleague from MEATic by Adi Hadean (the restaurant in Bucharest, because I lost the one in Oradea in a moment of inattention & # 8211 I don't do it anymore).
Because I had no other solution, my mother got on the train at the train station in Baia Mare and came to stay with her nephew for a few days. As it is not a good deed not to go unpunished, I convinced her that before she left for Brașov, to the newest nephew in the family, to spend a day with us in the restaurant kitchen and to teach us how to make pies like she does at home. .
Her sweetheart was worried that "will they like it, but will there be enough?", Which happened.
Then Andreea Esca came to kiss her and fine Petreanu to interview her for the radio and Adrian from Terasa Obor with an arm of flowers, and I think she didn't have such a bad day. And neither do we.
And you won't have either if you make these pies:
- 1 kg sifted white flour
- 500 ml of milk
- 100 ml of sunflower oil
- 40 g mayonnaise or 25 g yeast / 10 g dry yeast
- 30 g of salt
Knead until you have a soft and fine dough. If you want fluffy and soft pies and in two days after baking, add an egg and 100 grams of sour cream in the dough, towards the end.
- beaten bellows cheese with dill and green onion tails. The cheese should be an older and stronger bellows. If it's too soft, run from the pie to the fridge. We don't want that.
Bake for an hour then fry the pies in hot oil (enough to pass over the pie), in a thicker pan or saucepan in the walls.
How to fill the pie: spread a 3-5 mm thick sheet of 180-200 grams of dough. Sprinkle filling from the center to the edges, about 35-40 grams. Gather the dough from the edge to the center in 6-8 folds. Press with your palm, spread with a twister. Allow 5-10 minutes for it to rise. Grow the pie in the middle, a single deep cut, 3-4 cm long, to have where the steam comes out.
Ingredient Pie With Cheese & # 8222Turban & # 8221
- 550 grams of flour
- 160 ml. of milk
- 20 grams of fresh yeast
- 100 ml. of olive oil
- 1 or
- 150 grams of butter
- 1 teaspoon grated salt
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 200 grams of cheese (can be feta, telemea, cottage cheese, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs (you can give up breadcrumbs if you use a drier cheese, add it only if the cheese is moist)
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint (I used dried)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 small green onion, both the white part and the leaves
- salt, pepper and cumin (optional) to taste
Cheese Pie Preparation & # 8222Turban & # 8221
1. Heat the milk a little (at 35-38 degrees Celsius) and dissolve the yeast in it.
2. Beat the whole egg with a fork together with 1 teaspoon of grated salt.
3. Sift the flour in a bowl and, if you knead on the robot, add all the liquids from the beginning: milk with yeast, egg and 100 ml. of olive oil. If the dough is kneaded manually, it is preferable to homogenize the liquids with each other and to gradually add over the flour.
4. Knead (manually or robotically) until you get a perfectly smooth, non-sticky dough.
5. The dough is divided into 6 equal pieces from which some spheres are shaped, covered with a damp kitchen towel and left on the work surface for 30 minutes at rest (picture 1).
6. Heat the butter so that it is very soft, but not liquid.
7. After the rest of the dough has elapsed, spread it one piece at a time, with the help of the rolling pin, in an approximately square shape, as thin as possible with the help of a soft brush, grease it generously with butter (picture 2).
8. Repeat the operations described in point 7 with two other pieces of dough, which overlap the first, obtaining 3 layers well greased with butter (picture 3).
9. Repeat with the remaining 3 pieces of dough.
10. Pack each of the two packages obtained in turn: mentally divide the dough into thirds, bring the side from left to right, covering the middle third, then the right to left, covering them both (pictures 1 and 2 ). Continue packing in three, on the long side of the long and narrow rectangle obtained (picture 3).
11. The two & # 8222packages & # 8221 obtained are wrapped with food sheets and refrigerated for 30 minutes & # 8211 1 hour.
12. Meanwhile, we take care of the filling: the potatoes cleaned and washed well are cut into cubes, seasoned with salt and pepper and smothered in a pan in a tablespoon of oil, under the lid, until soft, possibly adding from time to time. when a drop of water. If they take on color here and there, there are no bathrooms, but they should not burn or brown too much. After the potatoes have cooled, mix in a bowl with cheese, breadcrumbs (if used), chopped mint and parsley, finely chopped green onions, salt, pepper and ground cumin to taste.
12. After the waiting time has passed, each of the packages will be processed separately: spread a sheet as thin as possible, with the help of the twister, and cut into strips of about 3 cm. width. Be careful, if you cut narrower strips, more patties will result, but they will be much more difficult to process. My recommendation is to obtain 13-14 strips from a package of dough spread in a sheet of 4-6 mm. thickness (picture 1).
13. Roll each strip tightly in turn (picture 2), and each pate will be processed separately.
14. A snail is obtained in which the layers of dough alternating with butter are very visible (picture 3).
15. With the help of the thumbs (long nails are a clear disadvantage) the sides of the snail are pressed from the inside to the outside, obtaining a & # 8222 funnel & # 8221 only good to receive the filling. Attention, it must be pressed gently so as not to break the dough, but also with enough firmness (picture 4).
16. Add the filling (about 1 teaspoon and a half, without exaggeration) then pull the edges to the middle, pinching them well to stick (picture 5).
17. Place each pate in a tray covered with baking paper, glued down and spaced apart. Turn on the oven and set it at 200 degrees Celsius, and until the oven heats up the tray with the pies already formed, let it cool (refrigerator, pantry, other cool place).
18. Until the oven heats up, process the second batch of dough (two trays will be obtained).
19. Bake the pies (one tray at a time) in the oven heated to 200 degrees Celsius, at a medium height, until golden (about 25 minutes).
Allow the pies to cool and taste with delight. Because the recipe is Turkish, I thought that nothing would fit better with these pies & # 8222turban & # 8221 like a glass of ayran, which I prepared in just 2 minutes: 1 glass of fatty yogurt, 1 pinch of salt and 100 ml. ice-cold water is given in a blender. Add chopped mint and ice when serving. The simpler this ayran is prepared, the more invigorating it is, and with a well-made pastry it becomes a real pleasure.
& # 8222Turbanele & # 8221 kept their texture unchanged for 3 days (last night I finished the last one), they remained the same, with a slightly crispy exterior, like puff pastry, and a fluffy middle. I also show you a section:
If you dare, I wish you good work and good appetite!
The source of the recipe, on which I applied some changes, primarily related to quantity.